Those who wish to acquire residency through this way must make a "significant investment" in Spain. This can be any of the following
- 500.000 € in properties.
- 1.000.000 € in investment funds.
- 1.000.000 € in deposit guarantee funds of a Spanish bank or financial institution.
- 1.000.000 € in shares of a Spanish company which has genuine activity.
- 2.000.000 € in Spanish public debt.
- Set up a business project to be considered of general interest.
Investment made by a company
If the investment is made by a company, which is domiciled abroad and not in a tax haven*, the applicant must hold, directly or indirectly, the majority of voting rights and the power to name or dismiss the majority of the members of its management body.
Investment made by a couple
If the investment is made by a married couple in joint ownership or similar, the amounts listed above must be doubled. Otherwise, only one of them can apply and the other can obtain the visa as a family member of the applicant.